Lactation Counseling Sessions
We are pleased to introduce lactation counseling sessions at Gramercy Pediatrics to assist and support women in their breastfeeding experience with evidence-based information and expert guidance. Our one-hour new baby lactation small group session offers encouragement and direction to overcome breastfeeding challenges and to help you reach your personal goals in breastfeeding your child.
During a session, our certified lactation counselor Dr. Sarah Li-Koo will:
- Discuss benefits and challenges of breastfeeding
- Weigh your baby before and after nursing to assess milk transfer
- Observe breastfeeding dyads to provide guidance on positioning, latch, and suckling
- Answer questions regarding common breastfeeding concerns
- Troubleshoot feeding issues, including poor latch, painful/sore breasts/nipples, and low milk supply